This information applies to Premium SIM Cards
Yes! Sign up for a GSMT or GSMA plan to access 5G speeds.
On GSMA, 5G compatible iPhones will be able to take advantage of 5G speeds. 5G on Android will be available soon.
On GSMT, 5G compatible Android phones will be able to take advantage of 5G speeds. 5G on iPhone will be available soon.
Setting You Phone Up On 5G
Step 1: Complete normal setup on your new line
If you're a new customer, first complete the normal setup steps for your phone (including APN configuration steps).
Click here to learn how to complete new account setup steps on GSMT and APN configuration steps on GSMA.
Step 2: iPhone - Download the new OS and new Carrier Settings
After your phone has been activated and APN settings configured (if applicable), download your phone's latest operating system and updated carrier settings.
- On iPhone, go to the Settings application
- Tap on General
- Tap on Software Update
- Run the latest software update. You may need to charge your phone.
- Once the latest software update has finished downloading, go back to the Settings main screen.
- Tap on General
- Tap on About
- If prompted, follow the steps under the About section to update your device to the latest Carrier Settings.
Step 2: Android - Enable Automatic Network Selection
- On Android, go to the Settings application
- Tap on Connections
- Tap on Mobile Networks
- Tap on Network Mode
- Choose auto-connect. This means if you're in an area that has 5G coverage, your phone will receive a 5G connection. If the area you're in has 4G LTE or HSPA+ coverage, your phone will switch to that instead. This way your phone always receives the fastest possible network speeds depending on your coverage.
Step 3: Confirm that you have coverage in your area
For 5G to work, you must have 5G coverage in your area. In areas where 5G is not available, your device will automatically switch to a slower speed tier.
Click here for the UNREAL Mobile coverage map.